Where is my political party?

If you were to ask me how I would describe my political views I would say that I am a socialist. By this I mean that I am happy to sacrifice some of my own personal wealth if it means that someone else who is less fortunate than me can be a little better off.

I also care deeply about the rights of minorities and those otherwise oppressed or without voice. This includes things like animal rights and environmental issues.

It also seems to me that all politicians want to talk about is "the economy", and economy related issues when to me there are much more important things to worry about. Like global warming, constant wars, degradation of democracy, the advancement of the police state etc etc.

What point is a healthy economy if the would is about to descend into war, or be destroyed by the environmental changes? Your healthy economy will quickly descend into an unhealthy one as floods of immigrants leave their war-torn or flooded homes. Also any economy these days is deeply connected to every other economy so trying to improve your own at the expense of stability somewhere else is a silly idea. Ditto other issues, I don't want to live in a wealthy country where I'm afraid to leave the house for fear of being arrested or killed by a bent cop just because my skin is the wrong colour or I am in some other way a second class citizen.

This year we are all going to be asked to vote at an election for who we want to govern us for the next 5 years. It would be great if we could vote for a party that focuses on the core issues that are going to affect the future of not just me, but everyone on the planet.

Unfortunately there really isn't any parties focusing on these things, not even the Green party. Maybe that's why people like Russell Brand are advocating revolution. Our world is changing, but not for the benefit of its citizens.

I'm not sure revolution is the answer (they tend to be very bloody) but it is clear people want change, and its not something the main parties are able or even willing to consider.

Thats why I set up my other blog, so that I had somewhere to write about the things that concern me. Even if no-one reads it, I feel the need to voice my concerns somewhere, I certainly wont be able to at the ballot box.


http://crampedeyes.blogspot.co.uk/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greenpeace response to Cowspiracy

The Boring Company Loop and Hyperloop systems introduction

Riversimple Rasa (H2 FCEV micro mobility) weight investigation revisited